So we can keep our newsletter short and good to read for you, we compile further information on interesting content here. Simply follow the links below and enjoy the information we gathered for you!
Gender Summit 15: "United in Science and through Science"
London, 18-19 June
The 2018 Gender Summit is led by influential science institutions, with the Science and Engineering South Consortium of leading universities as the principal partner.
Topics of discussion are (among others): impact of climate change, addressing societal challenges; relevance of research and innovation; ensuring the success of the UN Sustainable Development agenda; and managing the interactions between scientific, political and policy agendas in a rapidly changing world.
18th Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology
Sarajevo, 29 August-1 September
Registrations from the 18th Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology are still open. Learn more about projects within the ESC and throughout Europe.
Woman XXI International Conference on Woman and Gender Universes
Porto, 20-21 September
This conference has a broad, transdisciplinary focus not only on women, but also the extensive and complex universe of gender. The call for papers is still open, read more below.
International Conference on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence: victims, perpetrators and bystanders
Porto, 8-9 October
The conference brings together researchers, academics, doctoral students, practitioners, and policy makers to discuss topics such as sexual violence and its consequences, sexual harassment in school contexts, prevention of sexual harassment, and the role of bystanders in sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Gender and Representation II, Graduate Conference. Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, 19 October. Deadline: 20 June.
- Notice of call for expressions of interest for the establishment of a list of external experts. EIGE. Deadline: 30 June.
- Woman XXI | International Conference on Woman and Gender Universes. Porto, 20-21 September. Deadline: 30 June.
- International Conference on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence: victims, perpetrators and bystanders. Porto, 8-9 October. Deadline: 30 June.
- WWP EN Good Practice Report by Atila Uligaj and Natalia Batenkova
- Paper on Gender by Marianne Hester
- Technology Research Reports for the Non-Profit Sector by Nonprofit Tech for Good
- Report on Masculine Norms and Violence by Promundo
- Handbook and training manual by the “Nordic-Baltic Collaboration in Creating Innovative Training Programme for Adult Educators To Work with Perpetrators, Women and Children who Suffered from Domestic Violence” NORDPLUS ADULT project
Attiya Khan is the co-director and protagonist of the documentary "A Better Man".
The documentary portrays her unique way of healing from decades old trauma and engaging with her abusive ex-partner.
Read the full interview here.
- NORMA: International Journal for Masculinity Studies, Issue 13(1): https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rnor20/current
- WAVE Handbook: Prevention and Support Standards for Women Survivors of Violence
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM): Factsheet services for undocumented migrant women
- WAVE: Annual Activity Report
- Civil Society Strengthening Platform (CSSP): Mapping Report
- Women's Aid Federation of England: Survival and Beyond: The Domestic Abuse Report 2017
- Nonprofit Tech for Good: 2018 Global NGO Technology Report
- Paper on accountability in prepetrator work
- Address of the Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights (find a transcipt here)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence: participatory research tool kit for domestic violence researchers
- Photo project on Georgian men in unpaid care
- Communicating Equality through Social Media: A Guide for Equality Bodies
- Interactive map of organisations working with fathers in Russia
- The Civil Society Strengthening Platform
- Communication Toolkit for Equality Bodies