Registration is now closed
Location: Aquila Atlantis Hotel
The 2019 WWP EN Annual Conference will take place in Heraklion, Greece and is organised by the Union of Women Associations Heraklion (UWAH). It will be held under the title "Let's talk about it - Advancing interventions on sexual violence in perpetrator work" and focus on giving perpetrator programmes the tools to effectively address sexual violence in relationships!
Registration is now closed. If you have any questions about your participation, feel free to get in touch with Jeannette, who will help you with anything related to the annual conference.
We look forward to welcoming you in Crete!
The WWP EN Office reserves hotel rooms directly with the hotel for reimbursed participants. You don't need to do anything.
Reimbursed participants book their own tickets, unless they are from a non-EU country, in which case you get in touch with Jeannette and she will book your tickets. If you do not follow this rule, we will not be able to reimburse your travel costs!
Furthermore, there are two changes to the travel reimbursement rules this year:
- WWP EN will not be able to reimburse travel costs over 330€.
- You can buy tickets over 250€ without consulting with the office.
Check the detailed travel reimbursement information before booking any travel to ensure we will be able to reimburse you.
The reservations for rooms in the venue will be made directly by the participants to the hotel via link. A contingent of 40 rooms has been set up for this purpose.
- Classic Single│Double room, Urban view: 66,00 €│79,00 €
- Executive Single│Double room, Harbor view: 87,00 €
Above rates are per room/night on Bed & Breakfast basis (American Buffet) and include VAT. They are valid until 5 September.
- Free upgrade of rooms to a superior room type, upon Hotel’s availability.
- Free Wi-Fi access in all Hotel’s rooms & areas
- Coffee making facilities are provided in all the rooms free of charge.
Payment Policy (for reservations via link)
- A deposit of 1 overnight’s stay is required by credit card to secure each participant’s reservation. The amount will be charged to the guests’ credit card 21 days prior to arrival at the Hotel.
- Full settlement of the remaining amount of each guests’ reservation is required upon arrival.
- The residence tax provided by law 4389/2016 as applicable from 01.01.2018 is 4 € per room/night and will be paid by the guests upon arrival.
You can choose an upgrade to half board service as follows:
- 23 Oct dinner: 18 €
- 24 Oct lunch: 18 €
- 25 Oct lunch: 18 €
You will receive the link for booking the hotel rooms with your personal confirmation from Jeannette!
Please note that members joining from non-EU countries must have their travel booked by the office and cannot be reimbursed if they book their travel themselves.
Please note that WWP EN will only be able to reimburse travel costs up to a maximum of 330€.
We are incredibly proud to announce that the preliminary conference programme is now online. Highlights of the conference include
- the keynote "Addressing and Combating Intimate Partner Sexual Violence" by Rus Ervin Funk.
- an in-depth, joint, 3 hour workshop diving into the themes brought up in the keynote.
- eight workshops on innovative methods in perpetrator work, such as online counselling and theatre, addressing sexual violence in group work, identifying and interrupting sexual violence, as well as cutting-edge projects being implemented by WWP EN and network partners.
as part of the 2019 annual conference and General Meeting, the network (you!) will be electing a number of new board members to the WWP EN Board.
We are asking for nominations to the board from 1 July until 30 September. You can find all the necessary information in the documents below.