So we can keep our newsletter short and good to read for you, we compile further information on interesting content here. Simply follow the links below and enjoy the information we gathered for you!
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) Webinar
18 September; 6-7 PM, CET
In this webinar, participants will explore the phenomenon of gender bias, both explicit (conscious) and implicit (unconscious), and the resulting stereotypes and attitudes that can influence the professional response to, and investigation of, sexual assault. Many of the same principles apply to cases of intimate partner violence and other gender-based violence.
Find more webinars in the EVAWI webinar archive.
All presentations from the ICMEO conference - both keynotes and presentations in workshops - are now available online.
Police Executive Research Forum (PERF) Guidebook
The Police Executive Research Forum (PERF), is a police research and policy organization and a provider of management services, technical assistance, and executive-level education to support law enforcement agencies. PERF helps to improve the delivery of police services through the exercise of strong national leadership; public debate of police and criminal justice issues; and research and policy development.
|Promundo report on Engaging Men and Boys in Reproductive Health and Rights|
This framing document on men, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and gender equality aims to advance the conversation with policymakers, donors, implementers, and activists, and to identify opportunities for further collaboration among advocates. The document highlights guiding principles, identifies 10 priority action areas, and outlines advocacy goals for engaging men and boys as clients, partners, and SRHR advocates. This work should support, complement, and build on past and ongoing transformative work by feminist and women’s rights organizations and activists.
|Council of Europe Declaration and Guide to Good and Promising Practices on Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage|
The Declaration of the Committee of Ministers on the need to step up efforts to prevent and combat female genital mutilation and forced marriage in Europe calls on member States to fully recognise these practices as human rights violations which concern European States, and to this end to develop national action plans and strategies, and to promote exchanges of practices in order to fight against these human rights affronts.The Guide to good and promising practices aimed at preventing and combating female genital mutilation and forced marriage aims at providing strategic guidance on the standards, principles, features and characteristics of the necessary integrated response to end these practices. In support of these elements the Guide also outlines selected current initiatives being taken by a number of Council of Europe member States in preventing, combating and addressing the effects of female genital mutilation and forced marriage.
Journal of Gender-Based Violence Editors’ Choice
This month Bristol University Press is introducing new free article collections specially selected by our journal editors. Visit their website for a full list of free content.
- WWP EN Good Practice Report by Atila Uligaj and Natalia Batenkova
- Paper on Gender by Marianne Hester
- Technology Research Reports for the Non-Profit Sector by Nonprofit Tech for Good
- Report on Masculine Norms and Violence by Promundo
- Handbook and training manual by the “Nordic-Baltic Collaboration in Creating Innovative Training Programme for Adult Educators To Work with Perpetrators, Women and Children who Suffered from Domestic Violence” NORDPLUS ADULT project
Attiya Khan is the co-director and protagonist of the documentary "A Better Man".
The documentary portrays her unique way of healing from decades old trauma and engaging with her abusive ex-partner.
Read the full interview here.
- NORMA: International Journal for Masculinity Studies, Issue 13(1): https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rnor20/current
- WAVE Handbook: Prevention and Support Standards for Women Survivors of Violence
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM): Factsheet services for undocumented migrant women
- WAVE: Annual Activity Report
- Civil Society Strengthening Platform (CSSP): Mapping Report
- Women's Aid Federation of England: Survival and Beyond: The Domestic Abuse Report 2017
- Nonprofit Tech for Good: 2018 Global NGO Technology Report
- Paper on accountability in prepetrator work
- Address of the Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights (find a transcipt here)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence: participatory research tool kit for domestic violence researchers
- Photo project on Georgian men in unpaid care
- Communicating Equality through Social Media: A Guide for Equality Bodies
- Interactive map of organisations working with fathers in Russia
- The Civil Society Strengthening Platform
- Communication Toolkit for Equality Bodies