The European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence is looking for a part-time or freelance researcher/trainer in the European project FOMEN with the project duration from September 2019 to August 2021. WWP EN will implement the project with partners in 5 other European countries (Austria, Croatia, Spain, Italy and Greece).
FOMEN focusses on innovative approaches in preventing gender-based violence among male migrants. The inter-disciplinary project team in six countries, together with national experts, will assess needs and resources, and identify best practices concerning violence-preventive work with male refugees and migrants. Based on these insights, they will develop quality standards for violence-prevention programs and create a manual which is key to implementing a capacity building program (CBP) for professionals in partner countries and beyond. Within the project, intervention/education programmes with male migrants and refugees will be carried out (indirectly reaching 900-1200 male and female migrants and refugees in the social environments of those men).
- are experienced in working with migrants/asylum seekers
- have experience in the development and delivery of training/further qualification activities for professionals
- are experienced in the field of gender studies/gender-based violence
- are experienced in qualitative surveys
- are able and willing to work in close connection with the Berlin headquarters of the organisation (will cooperate with the project development manager, who is coordinating the project)
- are able and willing to travel
- can communicate fluently in German and English
- are able to cooperate autonomously with German organisations like asylum seeker shelters
- are a good team worker
Your main tasks (see detailed task list below):
- executing a quantitative and qualitative survey in Germany, incl. analysis of the results and writing of a country report
- developing trainings and a capacity building programme for multiplicators, incl. participation in writing a manual for the training and CBP
- delivering trainings in Germany
- supporting the process of the project
- a contract about 100 working days with a daily fee of 250/300 Euro (or similar salary for 2 years)
- a small, dedicated and international team
- a friendly and supportive work environment
- independent and creative tasks
- many opportunities to get involved and see your ideas become reality
Starting Date: 01.09.2019
Application Deadline: 01.08.2018
If this sounds like a job for you, please send a letter of interest and your CV to our Project Development Manager: ralf.puchert(at)work-with-perpetrators.eu
Detailed Tasks and working days for a researcher/trainer in the project FOMEN
Workstream 2: Needs and resources analysis
- Organisation of 1 experts workshop (about 4 hours) with 20- 35 experts
- Conducting 3 to 5 individual interviews with local experts in prevention
- Conduction of a quantitative survey with 50-70 professionals
- Active participation in 2 partner meetings including mutual learning seminars (6 working days)
- Deliverable: Analysis of results and writing of a country report (40-60 pages in English and German)
Working days researcher: 36
Workstream 3: Development of quality standards, capacity-building programme (CBP) and intervention/education programme
Based on the results of the needs and resources analysis, Capacity-Building Programs (CBP) for multipliers as well as Intervention Programs for gender sensitive violence-preventive work with male refugees and migrants will be developed. Existing programs in UK (’Displacement’) and Austria (e.g. MEN TALK) may serve as best practice examples, which can be further developed in FOMEN and adapted on needs and resources on national level.
Under the coordination of P1 (VMG) and P5 (CAM), all partners will contribute to the development of intervention/education program for male refugees and migrants, the CBP for multipliers and the development of quality standards.
Moreover, under the coordination of P1 (VMG) and P5 (CAM), all partners will also be in charge of the elaboration of the manual, including best-practice examples, needs assessment results, CBP, intervention/education program and quality standards in carrying out violence preventive programs with male refugees and migrants.
- Capacity-Building programs and intervention education program
Electronic documents with modules, methodology, activities, etc. in each partner language, to be included in the manual. All materials and reports foreseen to be published in the manual will be available on the projects website as well.
- Quality standards
1 document with well-defined and elaborated quality standards, to be integrated in the manual; also available on the projects website; approx. 10 pages, all partner languages and EN
- International manual
1 manual in EN and all partner languages (about 80 pages); 240 copies in paper version in EN and all partner languages and online format available in EN and all partner languages, published through the projects website
Working days researcher/trainer: 40 days
Workstream 4: Implementing and evaluating Capacity-Building Programs and intervention/education programs
The objective of this work package is to implement both the CBP for multipliers and the intervention/education program focusing on the prevention of gender based violence with male refugees and migrants in all partner countries, where these measures do not exist so far and further develop existing measure in other partner countries.
- Implementation of two 24 hours CBP with approx. 240 multipliers in all partner countries (approx. 40 participants in each country)
- Implementation of two 24 hours intervention/education programs with approx. 240 male refugees and migrants in all partner countries, 40 participants in each country
- Pre- and post-evaluation incl. question batteries of the IMAGES study and Conflict Tactics Scales
Working days trainer: 24 days
Active participation in partner meetings and final conference
- 2 more partner meetings
- final conference
Working days researcher/trainer: 10 days
Sum of working days: 100
Are you a financial and administrative expert with a passion for social justice?
Would you like to work in a European environment and travel?
Would you like to be part of a global movement to end violence against women?
Would you like to use your technical skills to help develop a better world?
Are you are interested in the issue working with perpetrators of domestic violence?
The European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (WWP EN) is looking for a Finance and Administrative Officer for an 80% to full time position from March 2020. The position is to be permanent, but is linked to EU funding so will initially be limited until 2021.
Since its founding in 2009, WWP EN has grown to encompass over 50 dedicated members throughout 29 different European countries. The network brings together organisations working with perpetrators of domestic violence with a common goal – ending violence against women and children by addressing those using violence.
We are looking for somebody with previous experience with EU reporting and book keeping. The prospective employee will work side by side with the current senior Finance and Administrative Officer for two months and will then take over after the senior staff retires.
We require experience with:
- Double entry book keeping
- EU grants
- Support on German Annual Report and German tax administration
- Pay roll accounting
- Financial controlling
- Support on drafting contracts for staff
- Auditing for Germany and EU
- Financial running and administration of small non-profit organisations
- Financial reporting for grants
- Accounting staff and travel administration
- Excel, Word, Agenda
- Are dynamic and like challenges
- Are solution focused
- Can communicate fluently in English and German
- Enjoy working independently, but also with a varied and European team
- Are willing to work in the office in Berlin (Marzahn)
- Book keeping
- European Union and grant financial accounting and reporting
- Support in the preparation of EU auditing processes
- Fundraising and overall activities
- Supporting with German Annual Report and German tax administration
- Support the administration of a German small non-profit organizations
- An interesting and varied position in a small dedicated team (Executive Director, Communications Manager, Research and Development Manager, Finances and Administrative Officer, Project Development Officer) and with international members of the network
- Office easily reachable from with S7 Mehrower
- Salary is dependent on experience, qualification and autonomy and is connected to German collective agreement up to TVöD 9b - monthly gross income between 2400 to 2900 Euro for a full-time employment
- Working time: 80% to full time in the year 2020
Please send a complete application (at least CV) as soon as possible to the Executive Director Alessandra Pauncz: alessandra.pauncz(at)work-with-perpetrators.eu