The European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (WWP EN) in collaboration with IAMANEH Switzerland are in the process of selecting the trainers for a training in Albania.
The organisation Woman to Woman is interested in developing skills for their service providers to set up and run group counselling/therapy for boys (ages 14-18) with problematic/violent behaviour (also including concepts of gender transformative approach).
The counsellors of the organisation have received training in individual counselling and have been working in this field since 2014. They have received an initial 5 day training on group counselling of men using intimate partner violence.
The organisation is now also working in schools in Shkoder and wants to expand their service to group counselling with boys.
We are therefore looking for trainers who have experience with conducting group work counselling with boys (at least 4 years) and in training, who are willing to develop the templates for training and run a training program in Albania on a freelance basis.
The organisation or trainer:
- Is experienced in the development and delivery of training in the field of work with perpetrators / domestic violence and/or working with problematic youth and/or working with young perpetrators (at least 4 years’ experience)
- Is experienced in the development and setting up of group work and training for facilitators of group work (at least 4 years) and specifically with boys/youth (ages 14-18)
- Is experienced in work with adolescent problematic youth (ages 14-18)
- Is experienced in the field of gender-based violence and work with young offenders and has developed a victim safety model of work
- Is experienced at developing templates that describe the content of the training (aim and goals, methodology, materials provided)
- Is able and willing to work in close connection with WWP EN and IAMANEH Switzerland to liaison about the development of the training
- Is willing to get familiar with the Albanian context regarding work with young offenders and the approach used in Albania to develop a training based on the existing experience and the needs of the organisation
- Is willing to travel for a three-day training to Albania
- Has experience with European/international training; experience in a Southeast European context is an asset
- Can communicate fluently in English
The training must include:
- Specific group dynamics of groups of young/adolescent boys (14-18)
- Working with groups of young boys (14-18) with problematic violent behaviours (specific group work skills)
- A structured and manualized group model and must provide manual for participants in English (possibly at least 3 weeks before training begins)
- A gender sensitive approach to working with young offenders
- Evaluation and assessment of training (to be developed with office of WWP EN and in coordination with IAMANEH)
- Support for self-evaluation of participants
Main deliverables of the training:
- 3 day, in-person training in Albania
- Training template (description of each day’s activity, objectives, goals of each segment of training, exercise, modules, handouts and detailed description of program)
- Manual of group work in English to be delivered 3 weeks before the training (between 16-28 sessions of groups work for young offenders, sessions must be ready to be delivered to young offenders)
- Assessment/Evaluation of training including a final report
- Period of training shall be between November and December 2019
The selection process will be managed by WWP EN, but the contract will be handled directly by IAMANEH Switzerland. The total available budget for the training (including preparatory work, training days, evaluation and travel time) is 3000 EUR. Travel costs and accommodation can be charged separately. Only offers not exceeding this budget will be considered.
Given the specific age group of this call and the initial experimental phase of the project, please feel free to contact Alessandra Pauncz at WWP EN alessandra.pauncz(at)work-with-perpetrators.eu for suggestions and comments on how to best deliver this training. The organizers are open to discussing some of the specifications in the interest of offering the best training experience and the most effective intervention.
The training should be delivered in November or December of 2019
How to participate in the bid
Organisations/trainers interested in providing the training must submit:
- Record of the organisations capability of delivering the training (in the case of individual trainers, their experience in working with organizations) detailing the experience they have responding to all of requisites detailed in the organisation field of this bid.
- Template containing a training proposal including all the aspects outlined in bid
- One sample chapter of manual
- Proposal for evaluation
- Financial Offer
Deadline for the application is 10 September 2019
Please send requested documents to: alessandra.pauncz(at)work-with-perpetrators.eu. Only selected organisations/trainers will be contacted for further conversations.
Are you a financial and administrative expert with a passion for social justice?
Would you like to work in a European environment and travel?
Would you like to be part of a global movement to end violence against women?
Would you like to use your technical skills to help develop a better world?
Are you are interested in the issue working with perpetrators of domestic violence?
The European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence (WWP EN) is looking for a Finance and Administrative Officer for an 80% to full time position from March 2020. The position is to be permanent, but is linked to EU funding so will initially be limited until 2021.
Since its founding in 2009, WWP EN has grown to encompass over 50 dedicated members throughout 29 different European countries. The network brings together organisations working with perpetrators of domestic violence with a common goal – ending violence against women and children by addressing those using violence.
We are looking for somebody with previous experience with EU reporting and book keeping. The prospective employee will work side by side with the current senior Finance and Administrative Officer for two months and will then take over after the senior staff retires.
We require experience with:
- Double entry book keeping
- EU grants
- Support on German Annual Report and German tax administration
- Pay roll accounting
- Financial controlling
- Support on drafting contracts for staff
- Auditing for Germany and EU
- Financial running and administration of small non-profit organisations
- Financial reporting for grants
- Accounting staff and travel administration
- Excel, Word, Agenda
- Are dynamic and like challenges
- Are solution focused
- Can communicate fluently in English and German
- Enjoy working independently, but also with a varied and European team
- Are willing to work in the office in Berlin (Marzahn)
- Book keeping
- European Union and grant financial accounting and reporting
- Support in the preparation of EU auditing processes
- Fundraising and overall activities
- Supporting with German Annual Report and German tax administration
- Support the administration of a German small non-profit organizations
- An interesting and varied position in a small dedicated team (Executive Director, Communications Manager, Research and Development Manager, Finances and Administrative Officer, Project Development Officer) and with international members of the network
- Office easily reachable with S7 Mehrower Allee
- Salary dependent on experience, qualification and autonomy
- Working time: 80% to full time in the year 2020
Please send a complete application (at least CV) as soon as possible to the Executive Director Alessandra Pauncz: alessandra.pauncz(at)work-with-perpetrators.eu