So we can keep our newsletter short and good to read for you, we compile further information on interesting content here. Simply follow the links below and enjoy the information we gathered for you!
Attiya Khan is the co-director and protagonist of the documentary "A Better Man".
The documentary portrays her unique way of healing from decades old trauma and engaging with her abusive ex-partner.
Read the full interview here.
|Free Conference on Engaging Men and Boys in the Age of #metoo|
Amsterdam, June 13th 2018
This conference is an exciting opportunity to learn about how the European funded IMAGINE project has engaged with boys and young men to challenge gender violence and sexual harassment.
ICMEO- International Conference on Men and Equal Opportunities in Stockholm
Stockholm, 15th-16th May 2018
The Swedish Minister for Gender Equality, Åsa Regnér, is hosting the conference featuring internationally renowned participants. The registration for the conference is now open. WWP EN members BAG TäHG and Unizon will be holding workshops.
10th European Feminist Research Conference
12th-15th September 2018
The conference theme is "Difference, Diversity, Diffraction: Confronting Hegemonies and Dispossessions".
1st National Italian Conference on Perpetrator Work
Trento, 23rd-24th March 2018
The conference was organized, among others, by WWP EN Member Relive - Relazioni Libere dalle violenze and will feature national and international experts.
Male Victims: Why a Gender Informed Approach Matters
London, 21st March 2018
Organized by WWP EN member RESPECT, this event will focus on how to provide safe, effective and accountable services for male victims of domestic violence and abuse which meet their diverse needs.
- The Boston Seminar on the History of Women, Gender, & Sexuality. Radcliffe Institute and the Massachusetts Historical Society, US. Deadline: 15 March 2018
- Romantic E-Scapes at University of the Balearic Islands. Conference dates: 9-11 July 2018. Palma de Mallorca, Spain. Deadline: March 16
- Archiving Feminist Futures – Temporality and Gender in Cultural Analysis. Proposals to: future.archives.ifee(at)hu-berlin.de. Deadline: March 30
- Queer(y)ing Justice in the Global South. Queering Paradigm 9th Conference. Conference dates: 11-13 July 2018. Sydney, Australia. Deadline: 2 March 2018
- International Conference on Sexual and Gendered Moralities. Conference dates: 26-27 November 2018. Ghent and Brussels, Belgium. Deadline: 1 May 2018
- NORMA: International Journal for Masculinity Studies, Issue 13(1): https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rnor20/current
- WAVE Handbook: Prevention and Support Standards for Women Survivors of Violence
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM): Factsheet services for undocumented migrant women
- WAVE: Annual Activity Report
- Civil Society Strengthening Platform (CSSP): Mapping Report
- Women's Aid Federation of England: Survival and Beyond: The Domestic Abuse Report 2017
- Nonprofit Tech for Good: 2018 Global NGO Technology Report
- Paper on accountability in prepetrator work
- Address of the Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights (find a transcipt here)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence: participatory research tool kit for domestic violence researchers
- Photo project on Georgian men in unpaid care
- Communicating Equality through Social Media: A Guide for Equality Bodies
- Interactive map of organisations working with fathers in Russia
- The Civil Society Strengthening Platform
- Communication Toolkit for Equality Bodies