We are happy to welcome interns to our team for work on
- research and
If you have passion for
- NGO work,
- fighting gender-based violence and
- European networking
you are welcome to send
- your CV and
- a letter of motivation including your areas of interest & your dates of availability
- max. 1 page writing sample or link to published writing (if applying for communications internship)
to our Communications Manager, Anna Mckenzie.
Generally, we ask interns to dedicate 6 months to their internship with us. Please note that this is an unpaid internship position.
The European Network for the Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence was founded in 2014 and is the only international network of organisations working with perpetrators of intimate partner/domestic violence. Our mission is to prevent violence in close relationships as a gender-based phenomenon and to foster gender equality. More specifically, the mission of WWP EN is to improve the safety of women and their children and others at risk from violence in close relationships, through the promotion of effective work with those who perpetrate this violence, mainly men.
We are looking for a candidate to complete an internship in the field of communications from 14.02.2022/as soon as possible for 3-6 months.
- Can communicate fluently in written and spoken English and a second EU language
- Know the basics of using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Can write in a engaging manner
- Enjoy preparing simple, compelling content from high-level, academic texts and publications
- Are creative and enjoy basic graphic design tasks (e.g. preparing graphics for social media)
- Are currently enrolled in a university course
- Are interested in the issue of working with perpetrators of domestic violence, gender-based violence and gender equality
- Are motivated and committed to social change
- Can think on your feet, but also follow directions
- Are able to work independently, but are still great at teamwork
- Experience using Canva/ experience with graphic design would be an asset
- Fluent spoken and written German are an asset
- Previous experience and knowledge of gender equality, rights and youth activism would be an asset
- Website administration and content development
- Social media management and content development
- Assisting the communications team with daily tasks
- An interesting and varied position in a small, dedicated team and with international network members (currently 65 member organisations from 32 European countries)
- Great work experience and references
- Working time: 16 hours/week for 3-6 months
Please note: This is an unpaid internship
If you wish to apply to the process of selection will consist of 3 phases:
For phase 1, please send to Anna McKenzie by 28 January:
- A cover letter highlighting your interest and why you are the right candidate for this internship
- An updated CV highlighting your experience in the field of communications
- A writing sample of max. 1 page (or link to published writing)
Selected candidates will pass to phase 2 and will be requested to complete a brief exercise.
Phase 3 will consist of an interview
Only selected candidates will be contacted for further conversations.